Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sweet potato lover


We had a Thanksgiving potluck last night... yes, in the middle of work deadlines and flag football finals, Huynh and I squeezed in some quality MNF with friends and family. Huynh manned the deep fryer - hello, fried turkey - and while I worked until the party already started, before I left for work in the morning, I put together a quick and easy vegetarian* chili recipe with sweet potatoes.

Sidenote: I love sweet potatoes.

It was good, hearty, and we have plenty of leftovers to munch on 'til my heart's content.

It was a really easy recipe that also allowed me to bust out our new "ever so slightly impulse" purchase while out Christmas shopping this past weekend... both from Williams-Sonoma.


The Chef'n Garlic Zoom Chopper is amazing. It made ridiculous fast work of the four cloves of garlic the recipe called for - and better yet, really easy to clean. I honestly can't remember how I chopped the garlic before I had this contraption.

Seriously.

Probably con-ed Huynh into doing it for me.

Okay, let's be real. He even wrangled the garlic for this recipe.


We also picked up a new paring knife - in green - and while it could be that our knives need a good sharpening, I can't help but rave about how sharp this knife is! It made quick work of cutting the potato, onion, and bell pepper... plus it's green. I have made the edict that this knife will never find its way to the dishwasher for that very reason. Let's keep this baby sharp.

So two great gift ideas for cooking lovers. Heck, we even picked up an extra Garlic Zoom for a certain family member - and if you are reading this, you have a 1-out-of-25 chance that it is you!

Back to work...

*I added 1-lbs of hamburger meat and excluded the kidney beans. I can't help it. I like meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment