Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Lights, camera, closet

I absolutely love our closet. It's a nice sized walk-in complete with built-in drawers, shelves, and even pants hangers (all courtesy of Huynh and The Container Store). We have a his and hers rods and shelves; we even have vaulted ceilings. The laundry basket fits perfectly and there's enough room for shoes.

So why the post about our apparently perfect set-up we got going? Oh, yes, the fallacy: it's dark.

While good for tornadoes and hurricanes, this room has zero windows - and the closest one is above the tub which actually looks out to our neighbors fence. Not quite the ideal lighting situation... so for now, we have a naked bulb. I can't believe I am even telling you that.

I've been on the look out for light fixtures that would shed some light on our duds and lo, and behold, the perfect light came into my inbox just the other day:


It's industrial! It's 7 40W bulbs! It hangs down 36"! And more importantly, it's on sale! We have some free cash to spend at our mecca and my eye is leaning towards these hanging Edison light bulbs of contemporary joy. For now, I anxiously await the gift card to land in our mailbox then I will be making a beeline for store and light up this joint... eerr, closet. My clothes won't know what hit 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment