Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Five things

I decorate the house for Christmas before Thanksgiving. Yes, I'm one of those. I just love all of my decor; I love how home-y the house becomes when the tree goes up. So here are five more things I am debating adding to my arsenal to spruce up the house for Christmas!


Since we don't have a fireplace, thank you Texas, we really utilize above the TV on the entertainment center as our make-shift mantle. We are holding off this year on purchasing stockings (I think Huynh is secretly hoping I will make them instead but Gatsby may just need this one in dog bones) so I think this garland would be perfect!


These lights are perfect mini lights. They link up nicely, super long, and look great in garland or on wreaths! I have a mini-tree that I think I will try these on this year for the entry way. They are a tad on the pricey side; not something I like to buy "just in case" and more to buy because "I need them" but one package seems to be going a long way!


When I was starting out decorating, I started by buying the 12 days of Christmas ornament set from Crate and Barrel on Black Friday because it was 12 ornaments and I was in desperate need of quantity for my bleak tree. Five years later, I am still collecting 12 days of Christmas things (like this from my wish list!)... something about them... they are cute, kitschy, and themed. My kind of thing.


Up there with my love of the 12 days of Christmas is my love of advent calendars... especially this one from Garnet Hill. Traditions like these make me so excited for the holidays!

Also, perhaps I just love numbers? Ha.


Lastly, the eighth annual Bevo ornament is out! I don't have all of the other 7 (I think I have 5) but I am on the look-out to collect them all. I started in 2006 with a graduation present to myself and just haven't stopped.

Obviously I have to have this.

Come on, December. Let's get this show on the road.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I am looking for a garland to go across our bookshelves (makeshift mantle also - no fireplace) and now I'm going to have to check that one out! I love the advent garland, too.

    2. Waterford makes (or made) 12 days of Christmas ornaments, too. Jus sayin'.

    ReplyDelete