Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Green Monster


We made our first green monster yesterday morning and it was... surprisingly delicious. Ignoring the toxic color and the "what are you thinking" text from my sister, I drank about half of my cup - it was pretty filling - whereas Huynh finished his whole cup and we have already made another trip to the grocery store for more fruit. 


We went pretty basic in our inaugural batch:
  • 1-cup Almond Milk (Vanilla, sweetened)
  • 2 handfuls spinach (about 1/4 of the bunch)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1-Tbsp Chocolate Almond Butter - made the difference
  • 1-Tbsp Flaxseed


And then got a little crazier and also added:
  • 1/2 scoop Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer
  • 1/2 scoop Amazing Grass Wheat Grass

I supplemented my breakfast with a thin toasted bagel topped with Nutella - yea, it got crazy up in here - whereas Huynh flew solo and didn't eat again until dinner. Yes, it was that filling. Yes, I would make it again, though next time I am going to go with the highly recommended (and thus sold out of everything but the packets) chocolate.


It was scary at first; I had completely geared up to hate it. I even made Huynh taste it first. But it really was good... the banana masks the spinach entirely, and though it did have a "grainy" taste, we did put a lot of supplements in there so that was to be expected... in a completely unexpected drink.

Other than that, we put of the tree this weekend and wrapped all of the presents. So take that to the bank and cash it. Christmas is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment