Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Don't Stop Believin'

Clearly, this blog title has nothing to do with the post but I still have Journey on the brain - did I mention we went to see them in concert?? - and so, couldn't help myself. We also managed to squeeze in family, a car wash, and painting the front door this weekend among other things. So which color did we choose?

Before we reveal, let's start with a before picture, shall we?


Brown, slightly scary. College door mat with a (which you probably didn't even realize this) a broken doorbell. Oh and chipping hardware!

We cleaned, vacuumed, and took all of the hardware off. Then we opened the can of paint and viola! RED!


To be exact, it's Behr "Chianti" bought at Home Depot. 


In some light, it looks really red and in others, burgandy. Today thought I saw some spots I missed that I saw at 4:00 p.m. that I definitely did not see when I painted it at 2:00 p.m. Ah, the glory of scattered light versus direct light.

Tomorrow calls for more touch up paint and a full reveal (that includes the new front door mat!). 


Just to recap...

  • Paint hardware
  • Paint door
  • Find a bench
  • Revamp mat
  • Potted plants
  • Add a wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment