Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekend, recap



















I was trigger happy with the camera this weekend and it shows! We crammed so much into three short days (not pictured? I went to the grocery store twice; Huynh golfed twice). Let's do this.

Huynh made us a photobooth word bubble prop this weekend! We had the wood on hand, so after a run to buy chalkboard spray paint, we were set. It motivated me to run to Hobby Lobby to make the rest of the props only to be bombarded with Fourth of July decor. In April. I read a lot about the Paleo Diet but not quite sure I can give up on dairy. Our I <3 U freak flag is still flying strong, two+ months later. Best purchase ever.

Friday night, we went out in Montrose for a tour of apps and beer at some random joints. I paid for it on Saturday but it was so much fun! Meagan came out and gave me (us) the best engagement gift - a dish to hold my ring in! I love it - and it's in our wedding colors!!

I found this cookbook that I seriously considered buying - not only do I have a weakness for books in general, but I have a major weakness for cookbooks - but decided to put it back on the shelf for now. It will make it into my home eventually. We took advantage of a break in the rainstorms and fired up the grill for some ribs, chicken, and asparagus - all under the pretense of leftovers (which there are plenty). I tried new marinades for both (ribs, chicken) and each was a success! The asparagus was simply coated with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and grilled for 5-7 minutes. Even Gatsby approved.

While I was out, I also picked up A Streetcar Named Desire and Labyrinth. Couldn't resist. We watched Labyrinth while I made cookies - I had all the ingredients on hand! - which added it along with The Iron Lady to my thirty list. xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment