Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Salmon and Steamed Vegetables


I go crazy when I walk into Central Market - and it's not from the obscene amount of people who pack that place at any given time during the weekend. No, this crazy has everything to do with their endless produce selection and my endless desire to eat healthier. I walk into that store and transform into a health nut that will try anything and everything at least once and sometimes twice. Blood orange? SURE! Pummelo? Why the heck not. Chicken, spinach, and feta sausage? I will take two, please.

Oh, you know that happened.

This last time, we walked out with a 10-oz salmon filet along with a couple of zucchinis and a yellow squash. I'm reading French Women Don't Get Fat so I have been trying to stay inline with only having 4 to 6-oz of meat at dinner. Surprisingly smaller than one would expect, but the point is made: I get full. Mission accomplished and I'm not rolling myself away from the table. The steamed vegetables were a nice accompaniment to the fish; steamed for 12 minutes or so then tossed with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic - will saute this next time, salt, and pepper. Yum.

Oh and Frankly Delicious? It's an amazing all-purpose seasoning that I pick up at the Brookshire Brothers in Giddings (where the company that manufactures the spice is located). I know that you can find it other places too - some specialty kitchen stores sell it around here. It is my go-to all purpose seasoning that tastes great on fish and chicken ... and pork, steak... vegetables...

Baked Salmon
recipe from me

Ingredients
10-oz salmon filet
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4-5 tablespoons Frankly Delicious

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350degF.
2. In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, and Frankly Delicious. Place salmon filet in a medium glass baking dish and cover with marinade.
3. Cover pan with aluminum foil and seal. Bake 30-35 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment