Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Kitchen gadgets


I've been posting a lot of recipes lately so I thought now would be a good time to do a round-up of my favorite kitchen tools... though I do love them for other reasons that just for the fact that they are red (apparently).

Le Creuset Batter Bowl I find this to be the best mixing bowl for small jobs. The handle and spout makes it super easy to pour and it is light enough that I can hold it with one hand while scraping out the yummy goodness with the other - versus hollering at Huynh to come and help.

KitchenAid Mixer I have blogged about my love of my mixer before but I still can't get enough. I have already started researching sausage recipes to make my own and have already planned on a cake for a mini-celebration Huynh and I will be having mid-May (we celebrate being awesome). 

Cleaver Granted, we don't have a Wustof cleaver (in my dreams) but I really find myself reaching for the cleaver to do anything from chopping onions to manhandling meat. I don't know why - or how - it got such a bad rap but really, I love it.

Mini Spatulas For a hostess gift, my friend Pam gave us mini-spatulas and I have to say, I find myself reaching for those more than anything. They won't scratch my Calphalon and better yet, they are heat resistant... and oh, so adorable.

Pyrex Covered Bakeware Emphasis on covered. While yes, saran wrap works just fine at covering dishes for leftovers, these lids allow you to stack things on top of them. In the refrigerator. Yes.

Chef'n Garlic Zoom Chopper I have also blogged about this before but let me reiterate: it is amazing. Easy to clean and does such a fantastic job of mincing garlic (we eat a lot of it). In fact, we have been known to go through entire heads of garlic in one week - and just think of all the time we are saving with this tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment