Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Savory Grilled Cheese Redeux


I was hungry last night. I think it was a combo of being frustrated at work (not with work) and lack of a filling lunch that did me in and brought me to the grocery store with a mad appetite. I know myself well enough to know that it is at these times that I cannot push a cart; no, I have to carry a basket. It limits what I buy down to a more manageable, carry-able amount - and tends to keep it in the realm of one actual meal instead of one meal that really should be about five.

Enter grilled cheese. Welcome home.

Savory Grilled Cheese Redeux
adapted from A Cup of Jo

Ingredients
For sandwich
2 slices of sourdough bread
1-2 pieces of bacon
1/2 avocado
2-3 slices white cheddar cheese
1/2 chicken tenderloin
1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
1-2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
Siracha, to taste
Unsalted butter

For chicken marinade
Frankly Delicious
Salt & Pepper

Preparation
1. Marinate the chicken and set aside.
2. Fry the bacon until cooked, but not to crispy. Saute onion and garlic in bacon drippings until translucent. Fight the urge to eat the entire pan.
3. Cook chicken thoroughly. Slice and set aside.
4. Assemble each sandwich with cooked bacon, avocado, cheese, cooked chicken, cooked onions, and cooked garlic. Top with Siracha to taste.
5. Grill until bread is brown and cheese is melty.

I served ours with a side of La Madeleine Reduced Fat Tomato Basil Soup (ohhh delish) which we dined on while watching New Girl (ohhh hilarious). 

Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment