Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Five things; smells like...



These oriental lilies that Huynh got me "just because" (or as he put it for our "14 month and a day anniversary" if you are counting) are rocking my world. They are making my entry way table beautiful and my living room smell like a field of fresh flowers. Delicious. 

What other smells do I have lurking around our house that I just can't get enough of?





I am drawn to warm, clean scents for the house - probably due to the fact that in my house growing up, we didn't have a single candle. My mom is a rock star when it comes to not only cleaning her house but keeping it clean and smelling fresh.

Me, on the other hand, who tends to overcook bacon and has a dog that regularly emits smells that would knock you down, needs a candle or two to keep the house under control. Too fragrant gives me a headache so I like to keep it fresh when it comes to what wick I burn.

How do you keep your house smelling squeaky clean? Au naturale? Or do you regularly bake cookies? If so, I'm coming over.

1 comment:

  1. I have to use a paper towel to wipe the pollen thingies out of those lillies, or else they send me into a crazy allergy attack and then I get a sinus infection and it's ridiculous. So moral of the story: don't buy me lillies, k?

    Also, I have that Tyler birthday candle in my office and I love it. I don't burn it, I just open the lid and smell it sometimes. When I'm grumpy. :)

    ReplyDelete