Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Fabulous weekend, recap

Those weekend plans? Oh yea, Huynh turned those upside down when he ... well ... proposed!




I have been working like a mad woman this past week so when Huynh suggested a date night to wind down my mind, I jumped at the opportunity. Thursday, he sent me a picture of the tickets he picked up at the Drafthouse while he was shopping suggesting 80s karaoke. Done deal. Saturday morning, I scampered off to work, none the wiser, leaving him with a promise to return by 5:30 so I would have time to get ready. Like clockwork, I pull into our garage to be met by him telling me that we have reservations for dinner after karaoke so I needed to dress up.

Yup, still nothing out of the ordinary for my romantic fiance.

We were pulling out of the house by 6:30 heading for the Drafthouse - only to have to turn around because we forget the tickets - and back on the road by 6:40. When we got to the theater, we were the only ones there, watching previews for Karate Kid among other things - total 80s themed. The theater goes dark and a movie starts - Midnight in Paris - and when I look over to Huynh, he is getting out of his seat and on to his knee. Since he couldn't take me to Paris (me and my serious lack of vacation hours), he brought Paris to me. Swoon.

Obviously I said "yes" :).

Unbeknownst to me, he had asked my dad about two weeks ago when he started the planning and had told our friends and family to be at theater at 7:15ish for a fun engagement party. Pictures were taken, hugs were given, and, at one point, Huynh even sang "Marry You" by Bruno Mars. The outpouring of love we received, even two days later, still gives me goosebumps. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family come together to celebrate with us as we take that next step in life. We are truly thankful.

So, let's get the planning started!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing story! Very romantic guy you have there. Very happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete