Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekend, recap


We had such a good weekend! Friday, we worked to make up time for next Friday when we head down to NASA! We are trying to save as many vacation days as possible for that little thing we call getting married. Speaking of, we made a lot of decisions regarding said nuptials: we ordered the invitations, addressed the Save the Date magnets, finalized addresses, decided on what the ring bearer and flower girls will be carrying, and even started on the Out-of-Town bags. The house got some help too: Huynh worked on the backyard and I even painted a desk. I also managed to whip up some turkey meatloaf - it tasted a lot better than it looked - and pan fried kale. Delish. We also had a side of broccoli, cauliflower, and rice casserole - I made the binding ingredient out of a cheese sauce made with chipotle Gouda and blue cheese. It was amazing (and I never say that about my almost always too starchy cheese sauces).

Sunday, we headed to The Woodlands to see my nieces perform in a ballet recital. My unbiased opinion? They were the cutest girls there! They did such a great job. Today, we are celebrating Memorial Day by shopping. Can it get any better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment