Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Stuck Indoors

So I know we said we'd stick to the back yard until it was done, but we had to make a U-turn inside, not by choice. What if we just call it done back there? She says "NO!" Of course not! I was just kidding anyways. We are enduring a week long of thunderstorms and so we had to shift the fun indoors.

We started with repainting all of the wood stained trim in the kitchen. First up is the breakfast nook. We took the lazy route and just painted over the glossy stain. Looks like it's taking 3 to 4 coats to get an even Simply White coat.

{rained out}
Upstairs was coming along, but the downstairs walls weren't. So, since Ace was having a buy-one-get-one-free sale on paint, we jumped on it. Sarah has made a couple changes to color scheme so I had to rig some scaffolding to paint the stairway walls, while at the same time painting the ceiling over the stairs.

{stuntman}
{from the top}
I spent the bulk of the next few days after work cutting and edging so Sarah can roll the remaining paint. 

{before}
{after?}
We've decided to paint this upper wall a chalkboard paint, design on it left to her heart's desire. I tried my own above but I doubt she'll let that one slide? Alright Alright, here's the cut wall:

{roll time}

On to the next room!  Stay tuned for other rained out projects!








No comments:

Post a Comment