Yes we did say that we would stick to one project at a time, firstly the backyard. And so we re-painted a picnic bench, modified it for an umbrella, and built a table for my Big Green Egg. Does getting James a swing set also count?
Then here's the "but." My list was re-prioritized. The laundry room modifications snuck its way into the lead - wife initiated. Remember when I spent all that time to repaint the walls and cabinets/drawers and then changed out all the hardware? Well, here I am ripping out some cabinets and scraping up some tile and mortar. The Home Depot floor scraper rental saved so much time, I was able to return it within two hours.
Here's the new tile that we selected with white grout.
We built up new shelving to replace what used to be the floor cabinets. The pipes were from Home Depot that I just spray painted a flat black. The shelving is pine boards that we stained a dark walnut.
Needless to say, because the stain, we had to let the room air out for quite a while. Now, it's fully functional and I would say it's being used to its full capacity.
I've strayed enough. I promise the next project will be backyard related... fingers crossed with rabbit foot in hand.